Sunday, November 14, 2010

Beautiful Moments

So my husband ran into the grocery store last night to grab a few things for dinner. He came out excited. He said guess what I got? Mexican hot chocolate. We can drink hot chocolate outside tonight with blankets and candles( his idea?!). So after dinner I set up the ambiance for our romantic evening. Made the hot chocolate, threw out some quilts on our chairs, lit the candles and the rod iron chandelier. We turned off all the lights in the house and sat in our jammies sipping our hot chocolate by candlelight on our patio. (Is this the guy I married? We've come a long way.) A cherished moment kind of evening.
So I could end this post there and pretend it was this perfect romantic, cherished moment evening. But there is something more beautiful then living in a perfect moment. Its the beauty of a REAL authentic, imperfect moment.
As I as snapping pictures of the whole event trying to capture the greatness of it for my blog, he rested his head back for just a few seconds. And to my surprise ... he began to snore! I had to smile. I enjoyed my evening sipping my hot chocolate with the sweet music of snoring against the quiet of the night. Truely more beautiful then I had anticipated. Life is full of those imperfect,authentic,real moments. That's what makes life so beautiful.
There is no such thing as the perfect life or perfect people. The real beauty is in those imperfect moments.

No comments: