Sunday, November 21, 2010

The weathered life


Don't ask me why but I have and always will be drawn to the worn, chipped, distressed. I found these doors at a flea market. To some, these doors are old and worthless, but to me, I hit the jackpot. $10 for both. As I placed these items on this table I had to say they are all shabby. This statue has been broken twice and glued back together, I just couldn't part with it. This pumpkin has been battered and dropped several times during moves, but I love it. This wonderful little plant, I bought it for a dollar because they were getting rid of it. It was tattered and had no blooms. Look at it now. It is that much more beautiful to me. I mean are we not all battered and shabby at some point in life? We all have a story. Bruises,scratches, heartache. But beauty lies deep inside and with a little love and care, we too bloom. Take care of those who are struggling right now. from each bump, bruise and scratch comes forth such strength and beauty. come along side and help a friend or family member during a rough time.
A weathered life is a beautiful life.

No comments: