Friday, February 26, 2010

Melancholy

Deep inside I Dream ... and I doubt. I Aspire... and I feel discouraged. I wonder what I am contributing to the world. I wonder If I am making the most of my opportunities set before me. I hope that I share Gods love, I desire to make a difference, to change a life, to touch a heart. Do I use my gifts and talents to glorify God. Do I persevere? Am I making the right choices for my life? Am I a good friend ... a good listener. Do I show kindness, Do I display Love? Do I worry too much? Do I smile enough... laugh enough? Am I who God intended me to be. Do I learn from life's lessons or keep making the same mistakes. I am strong ... I am weak. Do I lay my burdens down or pile them on and walk on, with a heavy heart? In the bible God says COME... Lay your burdens down... and come. He does not expect perfection. Just as I am ... He says Come. With all my imperfections ... I come.

...Just as I am, tho tossed about
With may a conflict, many a doubt
fightings and fears within, without
Oh lamb of God, I come I come...
- Charlotte Elliot

No comments: