Friday, November 5, 2010

Hopeless Romantic

Just finished watching Sleepless In Seattle. One of my favorite movies ever. Most of us women can relate. It is truly as chick flick in which brings out the romantic longing in each of us. I love love this movie. Particularly the part when Sam's (Tom Hank) sister is telling him about the movie "An affair to remember"(another good movie) and she cries while explaining it, and the men just 'don't get it?' ...and when Annie (Meg Ryan) is up at the top of the empire state building in New York, taking a moment and Jonah and his father(Tom Hanks) show up. when Annie and Sam's eyes meet, "they Know" and when they touch hands... it's like... "Magic" I love it. I am a die hard romantic and I can watch that movie over and over. I am 100% female and love it. Yes I cry at movies and I am not ashamed to say so. Once I had to stand up and sob at a movie we were watching. My husband was in shock, almost bewildered. He let me have my moment. I finished and then I was ok. I had to laugh later (at his expression. I can still see it!)
So go ahead ladies, relish in the fact that we are wired different and have a whole set of emotions that are foreign to our male counter parts. And it's OK. Celebrate it :)

No comments: