Saturday, September 25, 2010

A "Dessert-kind-of-week"

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not! - Author unknown
This was a key lime pie purchased thursday night at Josheps bakery. Taken to work friday and shared.
This was a dessert shared by my husband and I at dinner wednesday night. Though I try not to eat dessert everyday for fear of those extra pounds, I let loose this week. It was a particularly stressful week. From a broken washer, waiting on being approved for a house we really wanted, taking my dog to the vet, and seeing my first paycheck(!), I needed a quick stress relief and dessert seemed to do the trick! Then with a sound clear mind I let it all go. The control or lack of control over my circumstances. Sent up a prayer and decided to be thankful for what I do have. I chose to enjoy the journey, the good as well as the stressful. I had so much more peace towards the end of the week. Life is what it is and I am grateful for each day.
On friday evening after 2wks of waiting for the repair man, our washer was fixed, Got a call from the realtor, we were approved for the house, my dog is better and, well... I enjoy my job and the kids make it worth while. All is well.
Have a Dessert kind of weekend. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More info. on the house is needed!!!!