Thursday, September 17, 2015

We belong together


Family friends and loved ones, 
Thank you for all for hoping with me, cheering me on, believing with me. Thank you for the words of encouragement when I was discouraged, picking me up when I fell down, holding my hand till I felt strong again.  Thank you for the walks, the talks, the texts, just being there by my side. Thank you for dreaming with me.
This child. "My child" was born in my heart. I knew her, though I'd never set eyes on her. I loved her even though I'd never met her. I knew she would come. I prayed for her, prepared for her, dreamed about her.
The moment she walked through my door, it was a sense I felt. I knew she would be mine. I knew she was home. 
Adoption is a precious thing. God asks us to take care of the orphans. There is no explanation for the connection I feel with Milly other then it was God ordained. We have so much in common. She likes to shop, she doesn't like peas, she is kind, she is sweet, she likes to help people and intuitive of those in need. She has a heart for the homeless, she is creative, she can draw, she can paint. She likes to dance and sing. She's a cry baby sometimes- a little dramatic (just like me!)
We celebrated our new family August 27,2015. We belong together now. 

No comments: