Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Daring Adventure



Being an active participant in life takes risk. I can choose to sit on the sidelines and watch my life go by as my circumstances take me through or I can choose to get in the game, take some risks and falls and get back up. The satisfaction of pressing through the trials as opposed to giving up and sitting it out is phenomenal. I don't want to be a spectator I want to be in the game able to say I gave it my all. The triumphs are so sweet.
I am at the end of the foster process. I jumped through all the hoops, climbed the mountain of paperwork and passed the fine tooth comb of my personal character. In two weeks I will be a licensed foster home.
Just the tip of the iceberg. Now I actually begin being a foster parent. I am prepared for the second quarter of the adventure. So blow the whistle and sound the trumpets ... Let the game begin.

No comments: