Sunday, April 17, 2011

A day spent in simple pleasures





After a fun busy week all I wanted to do was relax "in my home." My husband was watching the game so I was free to fill my day in simple pleasure's. Slipping off my flip flops I felt the plush cool grass between my toes. Laying on the chase outside I soaked in the sun on this beautiful breezy day. As read one of my favorite magazines, sipping a glass of fresh lemon-aid the warm wind blew softly. Then it hit me... Peace joy and contentment spilled out of me. Feeling the grass beneath my feet, the sun upon my face and the wind in my hair - These were 'Simple pleasures" They filled my senses and they didn't cost me, I just had to notice and appreciate them. I ended my day baking these cup-cakes for a friend. Such a delightful way to end a busy week.
Take time to relax this week. Take note of the simple pleasures around you, they are free.

No comments: