Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Bargain

I was once asked if I could have anything in the world and money was not an issue what would it be? My answer was simple. "I shop for the thrill of getting a bargain," It does not matter what it is. I want to know that I got 'A deal." (It threw the pyramid, get rich quick theory right out of the window for this person.)
I consider myself frugal and delight in the sheer hunt itself. I saw this lovely lamp at Target and admired it, even pictured it in my home. but I was not about to spend full price for it. So as I was just roaming through the Goodwill last week I was stopped in my track. I could not believe my eyes, my pulse grew faint, my heart began to race and I heard a choir singing "AHHHHH". I gasped... The lamp, This one, for 60% less then Target. I was beside myself, asking the sales person if it worked. It did! Long story short, It found its frugal happy owner. I love it and appreciate it much more than if I would have paid full price for it. It was a Bargain.
Have nothing in your house that you don't know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. - Author unknown

1 comment:

Laura Williams said...

I've been seeing jars like this and have been drawn to them. I think at Anthrop0logy. Why is something so simple, so gorgeous??!!