Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Finding My Creative Voice.

A little over 2 yrs ago, I quit my stressful job. I enrolled to substitute teach to bring in income as I found my creative voice. I took adult ed. classes in the evening in design and lay out and photo shop, traveled with my husband with his job on the east coast, started a drawing journal, read books and magazines, dabbled in some volunteer work, joined a small group at my church, joined a gym, ventured in renting a place to sell my flea market finds/crafts using my visual merchandising skills and... started a blog. I know I was born to create, it is one of my passions. Serving, encouraging, inspiring, is also my passion. It's time to incorporate these passions into some regular income. But what??? I have been searching for a job and find myself discouraged and hitting walls. My degree is in social work. but I dont want to get into another stressful environment wishing I was out. I dont have the experience in creative jobs and employers want experience. Am I being too picky in our economy right now, should I just get any job? Any advice or words of wisdom? email me. lisa.loraine@yahoo.com







No comments: