Saturday, November 28, 2009

Words

The day after thanksgiving I was all excited and ready to decorate for Christmas. I had just finished putting together my front door wreath. Proudly, I went to my husband and said "look, what do you think !?" Anticipating his words, to match my excitement. He looked at it and said,with no excitement in his voice, "Somebody is going to steal it." Ok So I was a bit deflated by his words. But knew he didn't mean to not understand my hard work and excitement. So I said "but why would someone want to steal it?" trying to get him to say because its pretty of course. Nope, his response was, "Cuz it has alot of stuff on it." Ok so maybe he meant to say someone else might find it pretty and want it. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt.
Words are powerful. Use then carefully with grace and love.
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

No comments: