Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Feed My Sheep

Traveling in Europe on a train through the Swiss Alps I remember being struck with Awe. Awe at the beauty before my eyes, awe at the awesome opportunity I had to be traveling. My heart was overwhelmed with such gratitude for this blessing it felt like it was going to explode. I sat back in my seat watching the beauty out of the window and prayed. I thanked God for this wonderful opportunity to have such beauty bestowed before my eyes, I thanked him for this marvelous blessing to see this part of the world. I had such peace inside, I asked God to just speak to me. I waited in anticipation, knowing , he would speak. I opened my eyes, looking out of the train window. There was the most beautiful waterfall. As my eyes followed the falls from the top to the bottom, there was a stream at the bottom, glistening in the sun. At that very moment I saw a man walking along the stream and following were... a herd of sheep! Tears filled my eyes. It was crystal clear. God spoke. He said " Feed my sheep"
Life has so many turns and twist of events and the journey has its joys, trials and tribulations. We have the peace of God deep with in to get us through the tough times. But there are those out there who dont know the peace of God's love. They have not experienced the "it is well with my soul" Find those lost sheep, encourage those along the way who have gone astray, and bring them back to the stream, under the glistening sun.

No comments: