Thursday, October 8, 2009

Retreat, Replenish, Revive

I grew up singing Hymns in my church. One song in particular has been meaningful through out my life. "It Is Well With My Soul". I actually Cannot sing it unless I am ok inside, in my soul. I feel sad if my soul is not Ok and Overjoyed when I can sing it. Because there is Nothing,Nothing, Nothing more peaceful than a Soul that is Well! I cannot stress to you the importance of keeping up with cleaning out the yuck in your soul. Life has a way of clouding up our perspective and taking us off our focus. Take time to retreat to that place in your soul and clean it out. Refocus on the important things and sweep out the guck. Replenish with the holy spirit and Revive that heart to bring the Peace of God back into that Soul. There is No better feeling in the world than "Peace in your SOUL."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Lisa. I read them all and love them. Have you read the background to "It is Well" ? If not Google it, it makes the song even more amazing.