Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kindness

While at the grocery store in a hurry, I rushed into a line only to be told as I approached that it was closed. So as I backed up to get into another line. A lady was approaching and got there before me. She motioned to me to get in line before her. I said, "Are you sure?" She smiled. I was so appreciative and thanked her graciously. As I was getting my items checked, I looked back and that same lady was helping a man who had a bunch of items in his hands, she gave him a hand held basket to dump his groceries in, before he dropped it all. He was so appreciative thanking her. I said, "She is really nice, isn't she?" she just laughed. The cashier said, "Oh, I don't do good deeds anymore". The lady said, "oh honey why?" the cashier said" because it always backfires on me. I do something good and something bad happens to me." The lady said, "What is your name, baby. Im going to pray for you tonight." As i walked out, I was thrust out of my hurried mood and thought what a light that lady was. In a matter of 5 minutes she touched 3 people with her kindness. As you hurry about on your day remember that kindness goes a long way. Be that Light to someone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Lisa! I love when people stop me in my tracks like that too. I love your blog and you header ;) Lots of love! ~Rachelle

Anonymous said...

Lisa You need to stop that, I find myself crying on every days entry. Yet, there tears of joy! Your blogs are much much better that the picture I asked you to draw. Thank you for the time you take to do your blogs. It does really help get through the the loneliness.
Liz in SA, TX