Monday, August 10, 2009

Cast Vision

About a month ago, we were on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We stopped at Mcdonalds to use the restroom. When I came out I saw my husband in line.( but we had just eaten?) As I approached I realized he was buying a meal for a homeless man. The man was so excited he wanted us to sit as he told us his story. He told us a sad story of how his own grandmother accused him of stealing and kicked him out of the house. As he was getting deeper into it I stopped him and asked him if we could pray for him. He was shocked and immediately said YES. So we held hands and prayed for him at the table. After we prayed... he said a prayer too. He cried. This man knew Jesus, it was evident in his prayer. He looked as if he had made some bad decisions that got him to this point. But dont we all get off our course at times? My husband and I did not give him money or a place to stay but we did hopefully encourage him in his walk with christ. Casting Vision on his journey. We saw it in his face. He had such a look of peace as we left him. We all know someone who has gotten off the path, might we encourage them and Cast Vision into their lives. Showing Gods love :)

No comments: