Monday, April 4, 2016

Keeping it Simple


am not a fan of the big poofy church dresses we used to wear when we were growing up. I convinced my mimi to go simple with the Easter dress this year.

Though I did agree to the $3 bonnet Milly picked up at Target and she simply fell in love with the pink dollar gloves. Why not, I thought. It brought back the childhood memories of or Easter bonnets and gloves we wore as children.

I so want to give her the sweet childhood I had. The tea parties, making tents in the living room, riding our bikes, blowing bubbles, going camping, playing jacks and pick up sticks, laughing till our bellies hurt. All the simple joys in life. It is so hard to not get caught up in the "Lets sign up for everything-Rush here and there-society we live in. I would like her to grow up with an appreciation of the simple, the pure, the good.

No comments: