Friday, June 18, 2010

Queen for the day

One of my fondest memories when I was a child was our birthday. On the day of your birthday, my mother always treated us like we were "queen for the day" She had the whole family treating you like royalty. Our siblings had to wait on us hand and foot, no matter what, like they were our servants. We got to celebrate anyway we chose. Eat at our favorite place, do anything we wanted and every body had to do as we requested. (with-in reason) Oh, and nobody was allowed to get upset with them on that day. It was great. To this day we still do this for each other. Today was my mom's birthday. SHE was "Queen for the day"
Happy Birthday Mom. You are the true Queen, Everyday :)

1 comment:

Laura Williams said...

I remember that too- so fun!! I remember making David squat down and act like my "throne" for me to sit on. His legs would shake from my weight but he did it!