Friday, January 15, 2010

A Cup Of Tea

A cup of tea between friends is such a warm thing to share. A sweet friend and her mom ( Suzy and Barbara Gibson) turned me on to a pot of tea. It was so quaint and personal. We'd share a pot of tea in a cute tea pot at the kitchen table. We'd talk and laugh. They bought me my first tea pot. It has always stuck with me and brings me such a cozy feeling on a cold rainy day.
Once when I was living in Los Angeles with my sister, my brother came by. I was making a pot of tea. I invited him to join me. He said sure. He sat down to my sweet tea pot and dainty tea cups. I had made some biscuits and jam. As he sipped his tea and ate his biscuit. He looked at the spread and made an assessment, then said, "Wow... I feel like...I feel like a dolly." I laughed so hard. (So I guess it doesn't work for a man!) Invite your female Friends over, share a pot of tea or just enjoy a cup of tea for yourself. It will warm your heart.

No comments: